WELCOME THREAD, HOW-TO:
WHO TO ASK FOR HELP, FOR WHAT ISSUE:
• Welcome Party: Welcome to LoS; let me help you build your character. I'll explain system basics, how to build new characters or import ones from elsewhere; I also help figure out a good place to start your character.
• Political RP: While most nations are autonomous and run by player characters, I'm here to make sure everyone's up to date, that information is shared relevantly, and that everyone maintains proper fair play. Ask me for political RP information any time. Similarly this is "general world overview." When relevant, I'll be the primary resource for any information involving Mazoku storylines.
• Leveling: LoS is our most vigilant keeper of the level sheet, updater of XP, etc; if you have any problem with how your stats are listed, or have questions about your leveling, he's your man.
• Voidsent GM: The current plot arc rotates around creatures called the voidsent, and as a result, LoS is currently our primary "event GM." If you're wondering when the next event is, feel free to ask him.
• Specialty: After you've built your default character and settled into the RP, when your questions start piling up about specifics, mechanisms, or ideas you have that you want to craft into the system, OP4 is your best candidate. He has the firmest grasp of fair play, balances, and how to work with you. Behind the doors he's the one that works out the hijinks with our system so go to him for advanced questions and ideas.
FEEL FREE TO JOIN OUR COMMUNITY SKYPE GROUP: https://join.skype.com/u77j7OC7Gq1S
GENRE: HIGH FANTASY/ADVENTURE/MAGIC/NEXUS. All welcome.
STYLE: STATS OR T1 LOGIC, COMBATANT CHOICE
PREMISE: Legacy of Sin is a setting wherein the vices of infamous sins have taken hold of humanity and caused serial wars. Seven nations battle as far back as time can remember, and people are tired of war; one unfortunate eighth nation sits in the middle; once a land of freedom, they have fallen pressure to the evils around them and reflect much of the worst from all sides, but they may need to change this if they don't want to go extinct. All fantasy races are welcome. We are flexible in helping you import earned levels from other stat-based RPs - from other local statted RPs on RPH, to D&D. Levels may not translate EXACTLY but we have methods of handling.
WELCOME THREAD, HOW-TO:
You can also join our public Skype group for HELP:
DO STATS CONFUSE YOU?
Don't worry, we have a super easy walkthrough in that link. The level of focus you want to put into building your character is completely up to you. If you know how to Add 5, Subtract 5, and follow basic directions, you've got this, I swear. There's a lot of versatile building mechanisms to the more dedicated, and if you WANT to try to be more dedicated, don't be afraid to ask me for more information and assistance. Me and my fellow mods will gladly assist you and walk you through what you need. I swear I don't bite.
DO STATS JUST PISS YOU OFF?
Don't worry, got you covered. While it isn't our PRIMARY method (because god knows getting people to play fair is like pulling teeth), we also offer low-stat and complete logic T1 based battles if players agree to use it in an exchange. We just need you to build a basic profile to the specs in the link so if a dispute DOES happen, and if it DOES come down to a simple matter of who might be stronger or faster (cuz believe it or not, that DOES count), the GMs can resolve it.
Let me know what kind of adventure you want, and we're down.
ONE MAJOR POINT AND REQUEST AND DEMAND AND...
Okay, we love helping people. We're here to help you build, walk you through the steps, but for the love of god do your best to follow basic directions when we're trying to help you. We have an order of operations when helping build. "Base stats, race/special, PP." We're happy to clarify how any of these work, but we want a simple idea of what you want "I want to be a witch with great fire magic," "I want to be a paladin", great. We'll walk you through the steps, but for the love of unholy jesus don't waste our time by bouncing around. I recently spent hours trying to get someone to commit to the first step - base stats - because they were too busy going "AND I WANT THIS SPELL, AND THAT SPELL," "That's great, let's get your base stats," "AND I WANT THIS SPELL, AND THAT SPELL, AND I WANT TO CATCH MISSILES." "...That's great, let's do our first steps." in a loop, over and over. Don't be that person. If you request assistance, we're happy to assist, but let us actually HELP you. Trust our steps, trust our orders and operations, everyone comes out with spells and abilities in the end but one step at a time.
Legacy of Sin